The EWV will allow you to stay and create a business in New Zealand for up to 3 years. At the end of this time period you may be able to apply for residence if all criteria are met.
To qualify for the EWV you must:
- Be able to make a minimum capital investment in your business of NZ $100,000
- Score at least 120 points in assessment on various factors relating to the likely success of the proposed business and its value to New Zealand
- Not have been involved in bankruptcy or business failure in the last 5 years
- Not have been involved in business fraud or financial impropriety
- Meet Immigration New Zealand’s health and character requirements for residents as well as English language competency